We have a tremendous masterclass with Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini on March 7th. Tickets are extremely limited with only a few spaces remaining! Arrive 6.30pm for 7pm start.
If you have followed Burgundy for any length of time, you might know that it is incredibly hard to break into this part of the world as an upstart. With vineyard and grape prices skyrocketing over the past 15 years, land has become more expensive than ever, so when we heard about some new kids on the block, our interest was piqued to say the slightest.
Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini is not necessarily new, formed out of the old Domaine Heresztyn, when this wife and husband combo took over in 2012 the old Domaine Heresztyn transformed in almost all aspects. New name, new labels, new philosophy, and most important, stunning wines encompassing all the great things we come to expect in Burgundy: Florals, effortless weight, and purity. The only thing that remained were the great vineyard holdings, which are mainly based around the villages of Gevrey & Morey St-Denis.
This is only the second vintage of Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini that has been brought into the country, and each year they get better. If this sounds like your jam, come and join us for an extensive look through their range.
We’ll be taking an in depth look at the 2014 vintage releases from these guys, from Village to Grand Cru, the list below is a tour through their holdings:
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Bourgogne Rouge
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Chambolle Musigny
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey Chambertin Clos Village
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vigne
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey Chambertin Les Champonnets 1er Cru
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey Chambertin 'Les Goulots' 1er Cru
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey Chambertin La Perriere 1er Cru
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Morey St-Denis Les Millandes 1er Cru
- 2014 Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Clos St.Denis Grand Cru
Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Tasting
Date: 7th March 2017
Time: 6:30pm for 7pm Start
Location: The Tasting Room @ East End Cellars